Finished knits; the baby boom!

The babies have started to arrive, so I've been rushing to finish some baby knits.

First FO; Owlet by Kate Davies
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran; this was the 6 month size.
Second FO; a log cabin blanket. There are several blanket patterns available online, so I knit a variation of the theme, starting with 10 stitches & increasing by 10 stitches for every section. I knit this using 3 shades of Sirdar Snuggly DK & finished with a crochet edging.
Of course, my family pointed out that my choice of safe gender-neutral colours are also the Kerry County colours. And this new baby is in Cork. So I had to knit something red.

Hello Baby Hat by Susan B Anderson
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran.
I decided against making the wee fruit topper as per the pattern.
This will go in the post later in the week. I am assured that new mam & baby boy are doing well, & the new auntie (my bestest friend in the whole world) is looking forward to conversations about art & politics in a few years.

Comments

Popular Posts