Sculpture in Context 2014

The Sculpture in Context exhibition is on at the Dublin Botanic Gardens now, until October 17th.
I quite enjoy wandering about the Botanic Gardens any day of the year, but really enjoy keeping an eye out for the sculptures - especially the almost-hidden ones on a stroll through the garden. 

Of course, the textile works have an extra special place in my heart. 
Prophecy by Mette Sofie Roche

 Uproot by Marika Miklosi Manning

I managed to wander through the Palm House when the sprinkler system had just been switched on. The beautiful light  on a sunny day was worth the soaking.

Small Breaths by Margaret Tuffy

I'm hoping to make another leisurely trip around the gardens before the exhibition closes, as I've only seen a fraction of the works on display.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the 'Sculpture in Context Exhibition'. I always bring the kids up, some of the sculptures are great fun. I always think the light is best in the Autumn in the Botanic Gardens (or the Atomic Gardens as one of my sons used to call it).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts