Decisions, decisions...

 I do love my button jar, but sometimes find that it leads to having to make tough decisions.
After much deliberation, may I present some new finished objects - a range of baby cardigans.

 Pattern; Demne, by Annie Cholewa
Size - newborn (with room to spare)
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Rialto DK - I used just a fraction under 2 balls.
Buttons - from the stash. Probably from Hickey's from a while ago.

This pattern has you provisionally cast on many times, just to use some special cast off. I didn't bother with the cast off, but unfortunately, didn't read ahead, so ended up otherwise knitting as directed. It seems unnecessarily complicated, though I have yet to sit down & figure out the sensible way of knitting this. I'm happy with the finished garment but will likely avoid the pattern in future.

Pattern; Beyond Puerperium by Kelly Brooker
Size 3 - 6 months
Yarn; Hedgehog Fibres sock in Hunter
Buttons - from the stash. Probably from Studio 54 in Blackrock.

I've knit this pattern several times already. It's a simple pattern, but the assymmetry is just a bit different enough that I think every knitworthy child should have one. The fact that it is written in a variety of yarn weights adds to the appeal. As per previous projects using this pattern, I omitted the button band stitches while knitting the body of the cardigan, & picked up & knit the button bands later; this time in the form of garter stitch ridges.

Pattern; Garter Yoke Baby Cardi by Jennifer Hoel
Size; the pattern is written for 6 - 12 months, and in DK weight tension (22 st / inch). I knit it as written, but in an aran weight yarn. I'd estimate the size at 9 - 12 months
Yarn; Rico Design Essentials Soft Merino Aran
Buttons; another lot in the stash; from Studio 54 in Blackrock

I quite enjoyed knitting this & am satisfied with the end result. The pattern gives a few options for the button bands. I knit 3 garter stitch ridges & then used an iCord bind off (incorporating button holes in the icord).

Of course, all these new cardigans, started & finished since the end of January do mean that I have been neglecting pre-existing works in progress. Time to lash into the WIP basket & get some projects finished!

Comments

Popular Posts