New Pattern: Trillick

Trillick is a fitted cowl, worked top-down and in the round. It is shaped to fit over the shoulders using a series of increases. Short row shaping adds an asymmetric triangular wedge, suggestive of a triangular shawl. The cowl features textured stitches, and a garter stitch lace edging, loosely inspired by prehistoric gold artefacts from the National Museum of Ireland. 

The sample is knit using a single ball of Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal; the pattern uses one 400 metre skein of fingering or sock weight yarn.
The pattern includes written and charted instructions for the lace, and has been test knitted.*
It is available through my Ravelry Store (link in profile).
Trillick is the last of a number of patterns I had prepared while waiting for our Smallest Human to arrive. I have been swatching and sketching away with other ideas since her arrival, but haven't quite mustered the brain power or time without distraction to actually form proper things from these ideas.  Instead of being frustrated by my lack of productivity, I've decided to start the new year by knitting a garment for myself, which has been in my queue for a long while, using yarn which has been in my stash for a while. It might even fit!!

*once again, I am enormously grateful to text knitting volunteers. Their feedback has been hugely informative, and an extremely valuable learning experience.

Comments

Popular Posts