Finished Knits round-up.

While I haven't been organised enough to share in recent months, I have been knitting away. Here's a round-up of some recent finished knits. (I blame a combination of a missing memory card & 3rd birthday party distractions).

 Milo by Georgie Nicolson. This is the 18 month size, which took just one skein of Ella Rae DK Merino super wash. This was my first time to try this yarn & I'm very pleased with the results; the stitch definition on the cables is lovely & held up wonderfully through a machine wash.

Brook by Dani Sunshine. Also knit in Ella Rae DK, with some scraps of Debbie Bliss Rialto DK for contrast colour. This is a lovely wee pattern; the yoke detail uses garter stitch ridges in contrast colour combined with a slip stitch and cable stitch. I've already knit multiple versions of the Bella cardigan from the same pattern collection & can see more of this jumper in my future. 

 Whistle Stop by Carol Feller, knit in Kauni Effektgarn. This was a sample knit, & sent off in a rush, so please excuse the dreadful project photos.  This was an enjoyable knit; the pattern construction is interesting but well explained. The long colour repeats in the yarn mean that a little bit of yarn-juggling was required to avoid any obvious & jarring contrast where joining the yarn. It's been exciting to see project pages appearing on Ravelry, showing just how much variety there is in different yarns.
 
 Cannetella by Woolly Wormed, knit in Araucania Botany Lace with added beads. If I had a do-over, I would reconsider the position of the beads in the lace motif. The pattern is lovely; knit in fine yarn and with open lace stitches, it makes for a great cool-weather hat. Plus pink with sparkles is usually a hit with a certain Small Human.
 Boom by myself; knit in some multicoloured handspun and Debbie Bliss Rialto 4ply in stripes. The yarn is much finer than in the original pattern, so I switched to appropriate needles (3.5mm) and just kept going until I ran out of yarn.
 Tama by Kelly Brooker knit in aran weight scraps including Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, Rico Essentials Soft Merino Aran and Tivoli New Celtic Aran.  This is one of my favourite patterns; the basic pattern is so simple & so wearable for little kiddos that it just needs to be made repeatedly, with modifications.
 This one has a little extra length, and an added pocket for funsies.
 Risalire by Woolly Wormed knit in Brown Sheep Wildfoot Luxury Sock.
I've been obsessing over the patterns in Woolly Wormhead's recent Painted Woolly Toppers collection. I've had difficulty deciding just which one to knit for myself. I've also been struggling with the notion of wearing a hat that's not conservative of colour, or typical of shape. So the obvious conclusion has been to try the hats out for the Small Human first. The obvious advantages are that smaller hats mean less knitting time, and that Small Humans look cute in just about anything. This hat has a bonnet-inspired brim, which fits snugly over her face, keeping ears warm. The pattern calls for knitting garter stitch in the round, but was easily translated to knitting flat with a seam at the end.
So there you have it; about 4 months worth of knitting projects. Now that I've finally gotten around to  writing up this blog post of course I am planning to not leave it so long till next time. We shall see!

Comments

  1. Lovely Fos! Looking forward to seeing what you make next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts