Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012


I've been busy with 'other things' over the last couple of weeks, so am barely getting to participate in this years' Tour de Fleece; so far I have only been able to put in about 20 mins a day at most. I've been working away at this Grey Massam fibre from World of Wool, spinning a fairly fine single, fairly tightly. It is slightly rough to touch  - well, rougher than merino - but drafts surprisingly smoothly considering the texture. It also smells wonderful; my old favourite 'sheepy without the poo'.


I've had a bit of a wander through the fibre stash, to try decide what to spin next. Top contenders are jacob tops (humbug & grey colours), a fabulous sparkley batt (blue) or some hand-dyed tops from LHogan (pink). Think I'll choose the fibre based on a specific finished knit object. Time to hit the ravelry-queue for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment