Tour de Fleece, and a big ole garden

I have yet to spin today, but made progress yesterday; so far, I have filled 2 laceweight bobbins with fine singles. 

The reason for not spinning today? Well, it barely rained today, which was a nice change from the recent days of constant drizzle. I made the most of it & spent a good portion of the day outside in the wilderness that is my garden. We just moved in 3 weeks ago; I've never had this big a garden before, and the previous tennants let it get quite overgrown, so there is a lot of work to do.

Any attempts to cut the grass or trim back trees & bushes have been marred by brambles, so most of my energy has been spent clearing those thorny f**kers. I am now convinced that if I ever had to defend a castle*, a bramble patch would me more effective than a moat.

 
However it's not all hard work; I have been getting to meet some of my garden's inhabitants. 
Though I've yet to capture the little robin that follows me around the back garden on camera.

 *I've been reading 'A Song of Ice & Fire' series over the last couple of weeks, and finding the books even more engrossing than the 'Game of Thrones' TV series. Everything is either a weapon or a form of defence in my imagination right now. 

Comments

Popular Posts