This yarn is spun from a merino & soybean blend from World of Wool. I wanted to experiment with my dyepot & see how the different fibre would take up the dye in different ways. While I didn't get exactly the result I wanted, I did learn quite a bit about applying dye to fibre... like not trying to be precise by using massive puddles of dye!
Once the dyed fibre was dry, it was time to examine & assess... I may have had some help.
As I took apart the fibre, it became obvious that I was a little too rough in handling the fibre during the dye process. Quite a bit of the fibre was just a little fulled, and a little difficult to draft. Perhaps I stirred the pot a little too vigorously, or I may have used too-cool water to rinse the warm fibre. I managed to tear the fibre into strips & spent quite a bit of time pre-drafting before spinning semi-worsted. I then chain or navajo plied the singles.