Tour de Fleece - Hedgehog Fibre Batts

This is my last finished yarn of this year's Tour de Fleece. I've had batts from Hedgehog Fibres in my stash for a while, at a bit of a loss for how to treat them. I've spun other batts from Hedgehog Fibres before, & really love the little bright colours tucked away inside the batts. I've been trying to spin with a finished project, or at least a finished yarn in mind lately, & decided that these batts would become a soft fluffy DK yarn. Or at least, that was what I was aiming for. 
I split the layers of batts & tore off strips before rolling them around a brush handle to make faux-rolags. I tried to keep the yarn light & fluffy as I spun. The finished yarn is a 3-ply, about DK weight, and with 133 metres to play with, should make a nice fluffy accessory. I had originally planned this for baby booties, but am now thinking that it could be a slouchy hat for myself, eventually!

Comments

  1. Sure it'll have to be a hat for yourself so you can show off such lovely handspun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts