Finished Knit: Zapote

I've just finished a new hoodie for the Small Human. The pattern is Zapote from Carol Feller's book Short Row Knits , & the yarn is Malabrigo Rios in Ravelry Red, from This is Knit.  The buttons are from fairly recent stash, probably bought in Hickey's. 

I **LOVE** this garment. It is worked from the top town, using short rows to shape the garter stitch hood. The garment features raglan increases at the shoulders, and slipped-stitch i-cord edging along the front.
The garter stitch cuffs can be folded back to allow the all-important growing room. The increases along the sides of the body allow room for nappy bulk in smaller sizes, or for dresses. The garter stitch pockets are perfect for stashing Important Things like pine cones found on walks. The pattern is graded from 6 months to 10 years.


This is the second time I've knit this pattern; I was lucky enough to knit one of the samples that appears in the book, & was itching to knit it again (In Fyberspates Vivacious DK). It really is a lovely pattern. I just wish it came in adult sizes too.... ;)

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! Now I really want to knit one for my niece. As well as Carol's grown up version Tembo (not exactly the same) for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I missed how similar Tembo is - thanks for the tip!
      *squirrels away in the queue*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts