Finished Knits: Bumble Hats

I've some finished knits to show off! 3 hats for 3 siblings, all are modified versions of TinCanKnits' wonderful pattern Bumble, knit in Debbie Bliss Rialto DK. With all 3 hats, I added extra length and worked the crown decreases over fewer rows. I knit the two-row stripes version, one each of the baby, toddler and child sizes (pictured right to left). 

The slipped-stitch fabric is very stretchy, which means it should fit little growing heads for a while. This also means that my obliging model could fit all 3 on her head for a photo!

I left off the pom-poms because the added weight tends pull a hat off the child's head; I didn't have a chance to check fit on the children these hats are intended for before handing over these knitted gifts.   I intend to make another version for my own small human with the pom-pom included, as (obviously) I will be able to check that the hat is snug-fitting enough to stay in place with the pom-pom.

I really enjoy browsing TinCanKnits' patterns; most are graded from baby to adult sizes (matching sets for all the family!!) The few patterns I've knit so far have been very clearly written, and the finished knits are just dotey. Two thumbs up!

Comments

  1. I love these! I have been looking for some good hat patterns - like that these ones comes in lots of sizes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts