Sunday, September 11, 2011

Baby Boom; finished knits



I've recently finished & given some knitted gifts for the bumps-in-progress, so I can now show freely show off my knitting without spoiling surprises!


Bitty Cabled Cardigan by Heather Cabanas 
Yarn; Louisa Harding Kashmir DK

This is a dotey wee cardigan & it knit up in a flash. I knit the largest size (intended for a newborn) & it seems tiny. I would normally knit at least 3 − 6 months for babies, but the mother-to-be really liked this one.
It'll hopefully fit the child long enough for a photo!
Rib-Knit baby hat by Jennifer Sauselein 
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran

A very simple pattern; knit a tube of ribbing & then bind it closed at the top & adorn with button/toggle/beads of your choice. It's very stretchy so I think it will last the wee ones for a while as they grow. I used just under a ball for each hat so it's be a great way of using up those odd balls of aran weight yarn.



 Daisy by Stephanie Pearl McPhee
Yarn; (grey cardigan on left) Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
(blue cardigan below) Debbie Bliss Rialto DK

I've now knit this pattern 4 times; enough!! For these two cardigans, I sewed the sleeves & body together before knitting on the collar. My recently learned mattress stitch skills meant the original knit-on collar would not sit right. 


The baby knitting continues, & the bumps continue to grow.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm sure the mums to be will be delighted. Off to Ravelry with me now to fav all the patterns, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete